Saturday, January 28, 2012

Welcome to the Venice in February Reading Challenge!

This is the place where you can link to all the reviews written for the challenge. Please add your name, or blog's name, in the top bar. Then, add the URL to the link of your review post in the lower bar.

We can't wait to see what you read between February 1 and February 28, 2012!

Ally 22.Lesley@ Prairie Horizons (Death at La Fenice) 43.Dana- Lets BookIt (The Midwife of Venice)
2.Madeleine 23.Vielka 44.Audrey (books as food) Unromantic Venice
3.Rose City Reader 24.Carol's Notebook (Don't Look Now by Daphne DuMaurier) 45.Rose City Reader (Serenissima by Erica Jong)
4.Rikki's Teleidoscope 25.Bellezza (The Passion) 46.Lindsay @ The Little Reader Library (The Midwife of Venice)
5.Linda P 26.Carol's Notebook (The Titian Committee by Iain Pears) 47.Sabrina @ Thinking About Loud! (A Thousand Days in Venice by Marlena de Blasi)
6.blueskiesandbriefchronicles 27.Fleur Fisher (The City of Beautiful Nonsense) 48.Linda P (Acqua Alta - Donna Leon)
7.HRO @ Only Orangery (Miss Garnet's Angel) 28.Mel u @ The Reading Life (Death in Venice by Thomas Mann) 49.Audrey (books as food) The Children
8.Linda P @ All The Difference - Books 29.Carol's Notebook (A Venetian Night's Entertainment by Edith Wharton) 50.Amy - The House of the Seven Tails
9.Bellezza (The Comfort of Strangers by Ian McEwan) 30.Avid Series Reader (The Glassblower of Murano by Marina Fiorato) 51.Jo Ann @ Lakeside Musing (Miss Garnet's Angel)
10.Bellezza (Death in La Fenice by Donna Leon) 31.Jo Ann @ Lakeside Musing (The Comfort of Strangers by Ian McEwan) 52.Scribacchina (Q by Luther Blissett)
11.Violette (The Science of Saving Venice) 32.Nancy @ Simple Clockwork (The Aspern Papers by Henry James) 53.Lesley@ Prairie Horizons (The Midwife of Venice)
12.Carol's Notebook (Death at La Fenice by Donna Leon) 33.Mel u @ The Reading Life -" The Pupil" by Henry James 54.Amy - The House of the Seven Tails
13.Jo Ann @ Lakeside Musing ("A Venetian Night's Entertainment" by Edith Wharton) 34.Tiny Library (The Book Human Skin) 55.Lizzy Siddal (For A Venetian Pastorale, by Giorgione)
14.Lynzy K 35.blueskiesandbriefchronicles 56.Col @ Col Reads (Massimilla Doni and The Four Seasons
15.Jerika (The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare) 36.blueskiesandbriefchronicles (Wilkie Collins, The Haunted Hotel) 57.Lesley@ Prairie Horizons (The Venice Experiement)
16.blueskiesandbriefchronicles (Ian McEwan, The Comfort of Strangers) 37.Bellezza (The Haunted Hotel by Wilkie Collins) 58.amanda @ Simpler Pastimes (The Haunted Hotel)
17.Violette (Venice: Pure City) 38.Bellezza (Crossing The Bridge of Sighs) 59.Scribacchina (The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke)
18.birdgirl_ 1107 (A Thousand Days in Venice) 39.Carol's Notebook (Brunetti's Cookbook) 60.Ally - Snow Feathers (Vivaldi's Virgins)
19.Fleur Fisher (Pippa Passes) 40.Jerika (Don't Look Now, by Daphne du Maurier) 61.Avid Series Reader (In the Company of the Courtesan by Sarah Dunant)
20.Tiny Library (The Book Of Unholy Mischief) 41.Jerika (Don't Look Now by Daphne du Maurier) 62.You're next!
21.Lesley@ Prairie Horizons 42.Jerika (Death in Venice by Thomas Mann)   


16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blog, love all the colors and the mask...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I just realized that adding the link to my sign up post was wrong. I was supposed to only link to reviews here.

    I found the sign up Linky at Dolce Bellezza and added my link there.

    If you want to delete this one, please do.

    Rose City Reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to this one. What great lists for reading suggestions and beautiful buttons and photos. You are a class act-both of you. See you in February.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still deciding on this one - so many books! - but I have a couple more books for your ideas page:

    Carnevale - M.R. Lovric (historical fiction)
    Venetian Dreaming - Paula Weideger (travel writing)
    Venice - Jan Morris (non-fiction/travel)

    Happy reading, and I might be back before February! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendations Ellie, they all sound great.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just posted my first review for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just posted my thoughts on Edith Wharton's "A Venetian Night's Entertainment". I'm looking for more short stories set in Venice... suggestions welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. JoAnn, I'll be on the lookout for more short stories for you. I know that McEwan's The Comfort of Strangers is a short novel (180some pages) and I think Wilke Collins' The Haunted Hotel is quite short. Here is a list of books set in Venice from Goodreads which might also be helpful. Or, not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all Donna Leon's books about Venice, she brings a really authentic feel to the people and places , also I loved Salley Vickers' Miss Garnett's Angel, a beautiful book. I like this idea too as it has given me a huge list of books about my beloved Venice, thanks!! Lynzy K

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just realized that this is a leap year, so we get an extra day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Midwife of Venice is one Ièd been trying to get to for awhile - definitely worth it. Great book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also really enjoyed The Midwife of Venice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just posted to-day. (Acqua Alta by Donna Leon).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fellow friends and participants, I feel so badly that the end of February is drawing near and my commitment for Lent (to give up blogging) has prevented me from visiting your reviews. I promise to return to them, once I return to blogging in April, and to add the books you suggest to the recommended reading list for next year. Thank you so much for participating in this venture that Ally dreamd of and I helped co-sponsor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have actually read 3 works set in Venice this month but had no time to blog about them. I will do so sometime in March. In the meantime though, I did post about a poem based on a Venetian painting.

    ReplyDelete